Who we are
Our website is www.business-view.co and is built using wordpress and hosted on a 3rd party hosting application. Such application has been vetted for their mode of conduct with regard to privacy and is noted below.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Any and all data collected via the website in the course of daily activities relates to client businesses be it limited entities, partnerships and sole trader activities. Data collected would be similar to Business Name, Business Address, Phone Numbers, Email Addresses and Business Individuals. No personal information on behalf of said business representatives is retained. All data is kept secure and as such available for inspection by those relating to such data. Such request is to be made by emailing email@example.com The data collected is for the purpose of website production and agreed with clients in advance.
Our website has the use of a contact form within the enquiries page. This form has input fields for visitors to willingly enter Their Name, Business Name, Email address, Phone number and message why they wish to contact us. This information is subsequently used as per the wishes of those entering the data to contact them to commence a business relationship. In the event no relationship is commenced the data owner can request that we delete all such information retaining no copies. If no such request is made we will use the data to contact the business with legitimate interest business offers.
If you leave a comment on our site within the contact form you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Within our website we use Google Analytics. We use this to audit visitor numbers, what pages on our site they look at, how long they stay on the website and how frequently they visit and what source they visit from. During this process no business or personal data is gathered. For further information of Google Analytics please visit the relevant Google pages on the subject matter.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
All retained data is kept on file for the purpose of website production to best advantage the client. The duration of such data runs parallel to the publication of the client website. If and when the website ceases to be in operation the data will be kept for 12 months and subsequently deleted. The client has the right to request the deletion of such should they so request. All sales data being used as legitimate interest content is kept on file for 12 months or deleted as per request.
What rights you have over your data
If you are a client, or have completed the contact form, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about your business, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about your business. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
No data is sent out with the European Union. All data is secured as per the European Data Protection Standards. Your data is protected by our binding corporate governance rules those relating to our partners such as hosting and payment gateways. For further information read hosting below and refer to PayPal and Go Cardless.
Your contact information
If you have any privacy concerns you should write to us stating what your concerns are, your wishes and instructions to firstname.lastname@example.org
How we protect your data
All data is protected via encryption, firewall and staff training. No data is accessible to the public out with looking at such data on the client published websites.
What data breach procedures we have in place
In the event of suspected data loss all clients are notified via email and phone call stating time, date and type of breach. Our data impact preparedness operation then remedies such a breach with usernames and passwords being changed and again all clients being notified via email and phone call.
- COLLATION OF INFORMATION
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our or client websites. This includes information provided at the time of registering an account, purchasing services from us or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with a site or the services you have purchased.
- If you contact us by letter or email, records of the correspondence may be kept
- Telephone conversation may be recorded for training purposes.
- We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site(s) and of the fulfilment and administration of your orders including client sites we host.
- Details of your visits to our site(s) and clients sites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access and use.
- WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- The personal data that we collect from you will be stored on our servers inside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site or clients sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site or client sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. Specifically, your personal data will be stored in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard.
- USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
- To ensure that content from our site and client sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us or our clients.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
- D. HOW THE CONTRACT IS FORMED BETWEEN YOU AND US
- After placing an order, you will receive an e-mail from us accepting your order and, if appropriate, letting you know that the Hosting Service you have purchased has been activated (“Acceptance Confirmation”). Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy our Services and all orders are subject to our acceptance.
- The contract between us (“Contract”) will only be formed when we send you the Acceptance Confirmation. We may also decline your order for the Services for any reason, in which case we will tell you so.
- The Contract will relate only to those Services we have confirmed in the Acceptance Confirmation. We will not be obliged to supply any other Services which may have been part of your order until such Services have been confirmed.
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in UK Companies Act 2006.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Business View – data@businessview.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our clients sites, partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- F. IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- a) To estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- b) To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
- c) To speed up your searches;
- d) To recognise you when you return to our site.